NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: This sweepstakes is open to participants who like and share IAABC contest social media posts and who are 18 years of age or older as of April 5, 2019. The sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law. Employees of the International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate. The sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, contestants agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and represent and warrant that they meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, participants agree to accept the decisions of the IAABC as final and binding as it relates to the content of this sweepstakes.
- Sweepstakes Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on Friday, April 5, 2019 at 8:00 am Central Standard Time and ending Sunday, April 7, 2019 at 3:00 pm Central Standard Time. All likes, shares and retweets must be completed by the closing day and time of the sweepstakes.
- How to Enter: The sweepstakes is entered by doing one or all of the following:
- Liking and sharing a Facebook post from the IAABC regarding the IAABC 2019 Animal Behavior Conference on Facebook
- Liking and retweeting a Twitter post from the IAABC regarding the IAABC 2019 Animal Behavior Conference on Twitter
- All shares and retweets must include the hashtag #IAABC2019.
Participants must fulfill all sweepstakes requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the IAABC. Participants may enter more than once by sharing or retweeting more than one post, but only one share or retweet per post will be counted as one entry, and you may only use one social media account per platform. You may not use multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of the IAABC .
- Prizes: The Winners will receive one of several prizes:
- A $25 gift certificate to Dogwise books
- A $50 gift certificate to Pet Tethers
- One full registration to a self-study IAABC course of your choice
- One full registration to the IAABC Animal Behavior Consulting: Principles & Practice course
- One two-day registration to a seminar at The Ranch, the Karen Pryor National Training Center with presenter Ken Ramirez in June.
- A full registration to the 2020 IAABC Animal Behavior Conference in Boston, MA (hotel and travel not included)
No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted. The prizes are nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winners. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winners is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for IAABC to use the Winners’ names, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of the IAABC. Winners will be contacted via their social media accounts by 8 am Eastern Standard Time on Monday, April 8th. Winners will be posted on the IAABC Facebook page and Twitter account on Monday, April 8th. Winners must indicate acceptance of their prize by Friday, April 12th at 5 pm Eastern Standard Time.The IAABC shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, or fails to claim the prize by April 12th at 5 pm Eastern, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this sweepstakes is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT THE IAABC‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You: By participating you understand and agree that the IAABC, anyone acting on behalf of the IAABC, and the IAABC’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the sweepstakes, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of the IAABC. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the IAABC from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which the IAABC may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
- Terms & Conditions: The IAABC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the sweepstakes should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond the IAABC’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the sweepstakes. In such case, the IAABC may select the Winners from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by the IAABC. The IAABC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the sweepstakes or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. The IAABC has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the sweepstakes, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by sweepstakes rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, the IAABC reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless the IAABC and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS sweepstakes IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE STATE OF PENNSYLVANIA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this sweepstakes, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in the state of Pennsylvania having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this sweepstakes). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Facebook: The sweepstakes hosted by the IAABC is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
- Twitter: The sweepstakes hosted by the IAABC is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Twitter.
For further information, contact the IAABC at email@example.com.